How to be Beautiful?
Beauty is not just physical, and it goes beyond makeup. Feeling beautiful is different from looking beautiful. Here I list out ten things I live by to find the beauty around me and feel my most beautiful self.
1. Smile- it will brighten your day and others around you will feel your energy.
2. Stretch- cats know that total body stretching does wonders. Follow their example and roll up slowly out of bed and stretch gently.
3. Exercise- at least 20 mins of any continuous activity will boost your energy level and reduce bad stressors. Any kind of movement will do, even dancing around the kitchen while cooking dinner!
4. Drink water- No other liquid is quite like it. Clear your system. 8 glasses are recommended daily. Your skin will radiate.
5. Rest- you need to take breaks during the day and sleep at night. Take breaks away from your work space to keep fresh and focused. Make sure you are getting sufficient sleep at night since your body regenerates while you are sleeping. If you are constantly letting your mind wander, make a conscious decision to put away thoughts till morning. It is amazing how good your subconscious mind listens to your conscious mind (so be careful what you tell yourself)
6. Do good- When you do something for someone else without expecting anything in return you benefit in ways unimaginable. (the key is don't expect anything in return!)
7. Exchange- the money you spend on junk food for food that will enrich your body and soul. Start with a simple plan of exchange. Because some think healthy foods cost more, find out your spending pattern by making 2 lists:
8. "Stop and smell the roses"- Look for good in everything. This is a toughie because most of us are "trained" to look for faults, errors, shortcomings, defects, etc. Begin with yourself. List all your assets (not just physical). Then realize all the good in being you. Move on to other things around you. Work on this consciously every day till it becomes a habit. There is something good about everything and everyone. Once you realize this you will be finding good everywhere without even trying.
9. Learn- something new every day. Pick up a book. or search online. Learn to do something you have always wanted to do. You can even start for free by researching online. Search the subject and start stimulating and enriching your mind today.
10. Reward yourself- Set financial and personal goals and tag them with rewards for accomplishing them. (this one may be something special you have always wanted to do. and not necessarily a purchase.. But if you have done all the above maybe go ahead and splurge a little. You deserve it!